Sunday is pancake day in our house.
Since moving to our new house I've had to juggle cooking our Sunday breakfast feast of bacon, sausages, eggs and pancakes on two burners as half of our brand new stove doesn't work and its anxiously awaited replacement is back-ordered until DECEMBER! I quickly switched to cooking the bacon and sausages in the oven, but it was still a struggle to get the eggs and pancakes done at the same time - that was until I discovered PANCAKE MUFFINS!
I wasn't sure how these would be received the first time I made them, my kids are traditionalists when it comes to pancakes, and will only occasionally agree to waffles. But I didn't need to worry - my 5-year-old eating 10 of them and declaring that 'these are the best thing I've ever eaten' (although she does say that pretty often) meant that they were an acceptable addition to breakfast and one more thing to make my life a little easier.
- 1 cup Pancake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- Any mix in/toppings you like - we used blueberries, raspberries and hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add Pancake Mix, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- If you want to add mix-in, do it now and fold into the pancake batter. You can also wait and top the muffins once the batter is in the muffin pan.
- Spray your muffin pan lightly with cooking spray. We used a 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cups.
- Add your toppings to the muffins if you didn't mix them in earlier.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or anything else you like!