Remember to check before visit any places to ensure they are open. Please follow recommended health and safety guidelines regarding masks and social distancing.
1. Create family memories... at a discount
Order a Parks Pass from Parks Canada providing unlimited admission to over 80 Parks Canada administered places
- The Discovery Pass is your gateway to history, nature, and adventure from coast to coast to coast
- Valid for 12 full months from date of purchase
- Pays for itself in as little as seven days (compared to daily admission fees)
- Faster entry to your favourite places
Up to 7 people in a vehicle
2. Get outside
Enjoy our hiking trails, skating rinks, and green spaces year round. Check out the National Capital Commission for links to seasonal activities.
3. Plant a garden
We're all spending more time at home these days, so what better time to plant a garden! Spend a few dollars on things like seeds, plants, and supplies and you'll reap the benefits of hundreds of dollars worth of produce in just a few months! Talk about a great investment. Plus, gardening with kids has other benefits too, from encouraging healthy eating to teaching responsibility.
4. Consider turning a hobby into a side hustle
One great way to save money is to MAKE money! Consider a side hustle -- can you take that painting hobby you love and sell your art on a site like Etsy? Do you love thrifting? Can you become an eBay expert and get big bucks for that $1 garage sale find?
5. Make changes positive for the environment and your wallet
Reduce waste and save money with this great idea Use cotton bandannas -- inexpensive and longlasting -- in place of paper towels and throwaway napkins. We also love her cute ways to store them!