Introducing: Mellow Mornings at the Canada Science and Technology Museum
Mellow Mornings are scheduled sessions designed to provide a low-sensory environment for young visitors with special needs. These events offer a calmer environment, allowing those with sensory sensitivities to take full advantage of various Museum experiences.
During Mellow Mornings:
• There are fewer visitors in the Museum.
• Visual and sound-based stimuli in the exhibitions are either turned down or turned off.
• Hands-on activities and demonstrations have been carefully developed to avoid any unexpected sensory triggers.
Dates for upcoming Mellow Mornings:
• Sunday, October 23, 2022
• Sunday, November 27, 2022
• Sunday, January 29, 2023
• Sunday, February 26, 2023
• Sunday, April 23, 2023
Visitors may also borrow one of the following items at the front desk:
• Noise-cancelling headphones
• Paper copies of sensory guides
• Strollers (for children ages 2–4)
We know that a museum visit can be a stressful experience for young visitors with sensory sensitivities, and their families. The following free downloadable guides may help you prepare for a visit:
- Sensory Guide – Information for Visitors’ Sensory Needs (PDF)
- ZOOOM! A Sensory Guide (PDF)
- General Museum Visit – A Social Story for Families (PDF)
Visit the website here for more info: https://ingeniumcanada.org/scitech/events/mellow-mornings
Given that the number of visitors is limited between 8:30 and 10:00 a.m., reserve your tickets online.
Pass Holders and Access 2 Card
If you have a pass for a free museum visit, please check in at the museum’s front desk.
Regular admission fees will apply (see admission fees here).