Pinecone Christmas trees are super easy to make and look great sitting on a table, on a mantle, or on a shelf during the holiday season. These easy pinecone Christmas trees also make great handmade gifts for grandparents!
It's easy near our house to find pinecones this time of year for crafts like this. Don't have any? Many craft stores carry pinecones as well, or ask at your local Christmas tree farm!
We also used wood slices for this pinecone Christmas tree project, which we got from our Christmas tree farm for free, but you can also purchase those at a craft store.
Here's how we made our pinecone Christmas trees:
DIY Pinecone Christmas Trees
- Natural wood slices
- Paint (green and white, plus colors of your choice for your "ornaments")
- Star or decoration for the top of the tree
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue
1. Paint your pinecone solid green. You can use green paint and a small paintbrush or you can use green spray paint. Try to make sure to get in all the little crevices. Let dry.
2. Using a small paintbrush and white paint, paint the tips of the pinecone to create snow covered branches.
3. Use a small paintbrush and add little dots of color for Christmas lights using colors of your choice.
4. Using a hot glue gun, glue a star or decoration on the top of the pinecone and then use hot glue to attach the bottom of the pinecone to the wood slice.
Angela Duncan is the publisher of Macaroni KID Apollo Beach - Ruskin - Wimauma, Fla.