Science is best learned with hands-on activities, especially when they are fun! Here are a few inspirations for the next snowy day...
- Get out and study the science of sledding with these ideas from There's Just One Mommy.
- Take a winter nature hike and look for animal tracks or "5 interesting things". Later in winter, search for early signs of spring.
- Go birding in your backyard, your neighborhood, or a nearby wildlife preserve. The Whitemud Nature Reserve is one very popular area! (Check out the Backyard Bird Count in February!)
- Study the science of snowflakes with the help of The Homeschool Scientist and Science Buddies.
- Learn more about friction with a bit of hockey science (even more fun if you happen to have a backyard rink).
I personally think it would be most appropriate to wrap up with a study of hot chocolate science!